Many in today’s society feel that self-love is egotistical & selfish. I am here to share that it is quite the opposite.
True Self-Love is Self-less, why?
Because when we choose to love all of who we are, our good and so called bad side, our strengths and our weaknesses we are then able to let go of judgements, we open up our head & heart & allow deeper more loving connections to develop in all areas of our lives.
So how do you do something that you don’t know what it really is? Below I have listed some of the ways that describe what self-love is.
21 ways self-love shows up in my life, which is:
- Honouring my needs, health & wellness & making it a priority.
- The ability to be able to give myself what I need freely without guilt or shame.
- An everyday thing that is found in my actions, reactions, thoughts, feelings rituals & habits.
- Found in every part of being a healthy, happy & joyful human.
- Treating myself like my own best friend, or the most beloved person in my life.
- Resting when I need to rest
- Saying yes to things that feel good to me and no to things that don’t serve me
- Creating clear balanced boundaries that sustain me
- Waking up with gratitude in my heart
- Allowing my joy to guide me through my day.
- Giving myself permission to be who I truly am in any situation, place, relationship etc.
- When I allow myself to speak up in what I believe in even if no one around me understands or supports me.
- Found in how I talk to myself, it’s where I let my thoughts take me,
- How I choose to react or act.
- How I find time for myself throughout my day,
- Making sure I am doing everything I can, to be the most I can be in mind, body & soul and let it be as joyful as possible knowing to my core that I am not a chore, my life is not a chore it is a blessing that I get to be who I am and live the life I do just like everyone else.
- Bringing sacredness into as much as my day as possible, life is sacred, I am sacred just as you are too.
- Being brave enough to listen to my intuition and not second guessing myself
- As simple as focusing on my breath when I am stressed or experiencing emotional turmoil and coming back to the present moment.
- As complex as working through my many layers/limiting beliefs/fears and being loving, kind & compassionate as I do.
- Different to everyone & the coolest thing is that you/me/we get to redefine it. No one wrong or right, it is perfectly perfect for each of us.
I truly believe that if I commit to cultivating self-love every single day, that I am able to show up more, give more & do more in a sustainable & high vibrational way because I have filled my cup up, I am confident, brave, courageous & most importantly, I feel loved because I love who I am and therefore I allow more love in from those around me. I seek more connected & authentic relationships & allow myself to be supported rather than doing everything alone.
By practicing self-love I have become much more open minded & hearted. I am less judgmental towards myself & others, I no longer let people mis-treat me as I know that I am worthy of being treated with respect & deserve love.
By choosing to cultivate self-love in my life, I choose to heal, I choose to let my heart feel & expand so that in turn I hold space to do the same creating a ripple effect throughout the world.
Self-Love is endless as am I, as are you.
Read the 29 some ways you can grow your self-love here.
As women facing the challenges of day-to-day life, being stressed has become our normal. We work, try to take care of ourselves, take care of our family whilst growing our businesses, and when we turn to social media, all we see are individuals living picture-esque lives and compare our lives to theirs feeling inadequate.
If you have experienced this, here are ten strategies you can implement to develop a relaxed lifestyle.
1. Drop the Guilt
Ladies, the first step towards a happier life is dropping the guilt. You aren’t perfect – no one is – and you don’t need to apologise. When you realise this life becomes much more beautiful and a lot less stressed as we start letting go of unrealistic expectations.
2. Balancing Work and Play
As women, we tend to become workaholics and let our work splash over into our personal lives. When we do this, relaxation becomes an impossibility. We recommend letting work stay at the office, and home life remain at the house. What boundaries can you implement? Do you turn off your phone at a certain time? Do you need to write a list before you finish for the day so you know where to start the following day? What will help you feel less stressed when you finish work?
3. Avoid Buildup
Do you let things build up throughout the week, only to take care of those issues on Sunday night? Millions of women around the globe fall into this pattern and create unneeded anxiety in their lives. Here is a list of recommendations we have to create a relaxed lifestyle:
- Clean as you go – Sounds Simple, if you follow this rule you will have less overwhelm and less to clean at the end of the week.
- Do the top 3 things that need to be done straight away each day this stops procrastination and have a feeling of achievement
- Outsource the things that you don’t like doing or aren’t your jam.
4. Devote Time to Things That Matter
Women, being the natural healers they are, tend to tackle multiple challenges at once. If you want to reduce your stress and anxiety, double-down your efforts on the areas that truly matter and disregard the rest. Although this may feel unnatural, it will help immensely!
5. Compassion Heals All
Being caring and loving when people make mistakes is something to behold. As women, our ability to love and nurture is unfathomable and awe-inspiring. Let that natural ability shine, and leave criticism and judgement at bay.
When we’re trying to develop a habit – getting in shape, learning a new skill, etc. – we tend to overwhelm ourselves. While these are worthy goals, devoting 15-minutes per day, every day, is better than 5 hours once a month. Be the tortoise, not the hare!
It is time to get rid of the clutter? Why not have a spring clean and take time out to get rid of items that you haven’t used in the last year. You can even minimalise your friend’s list, commitments and obligations that are taking up your time but are not fulfilling.
8. Do Things You Love
Do you have a hobby or interest that you can’t stop thinking about? You could be in the middle of an Excel spreadsheet, but your mind is elsewhere. If you have this burning desire in your heart, devote your free time to it.
9. Love Your Body
Although this sounds easier said than done, it’s essential. Loving your body is the first step towards a carefree and relaxed lifestyle. Who cares if you have cellulite or stretch marks? Millions of women also have those issues. Think about how blessed you are to have a body that allows you to walk on the earth, hands that allow you to create, arms that allow you to hug your loved ones (you get the gist). Remember we only have one body, so why not love it!
10. Ask for Help
As strong and bold women, we know how powerful and effective we can be. But there comes a time where we need to seek counsel from others for support. Knowing when to ask for a helping hand, and being brave enough to accept assistance, is imperative.